Our warming and super-delicious Pumpkin & Pesto Grain Bowl featuring roasted butternut squash, caramelised red onions, a punchy parsley-chive pesto, toasted almonds and dried cranberries is the wintery alternative for our extremely popular Springtime Quinotto.
Whether you enjoy it hot or at room temperature, as a full meal for one person, or a festive side dish for two or more – our Pumpkin Pesto Grain Bowl is the perfect, versatile dish for Autumn and Winter. And it’s bloody delicious too – duh.
Just like the Quinotto, this Grain Bowl can serve as a complete Solid Stash meal for one. No need to add a carb or side dish for this one – just thoroughly heat in the microwave et voila: dinner at home (or lunch at the office) is served!
- Allergens: contains gluten, nuts, mustard & sulphites.
* Please note: may contain traces of all allergens.
- Preparation: heat in the microwave and stir every 2-3 minutes until piping hot throughout. (If you don't have a microwave, you can also prepare on the stovetop in a casserole dish with a few dashes of water, over medium heat, stirring often until piping hot throughout.)
- Packaged per 500g: a very generous one person-portion
- Complete meal for one (no need for a side dish!), or serve as a side dish for 2-3 people
- Enjoy hot or at room temperature
- Pimping tips (optional):
- Give the dish a creamy risotto-feel by stirring through some (plantbased) cream, and grating some (vegan) parmesan on top
- Crumble over some (vegan) feta cheese
- Add a poached / soft boiled / fried egg on top for a vegetarian alternative
- Next-level oven dish: roll a few tablespoons of your Pesto Grain Bowl into blanched savoy cabbage leaves. Put on top of a simple tomato sauce in an oven dish, and roast in the oven for approx. 20 minutes at 180°C
- Serve as a festive side dish with all your holiday season dinners!
- ... or simply drizzle with your very best extra virgin olive oil, a good grind of fresh black pepper and some sea salt flakes (like fleur de sel or Maldon sea salt)
- Key ingredients (check packaging for full list): soft wheat (46%; gluten); butternut squash (27%); red onion (10%); olive oil extra virgin; dried cranberries (sugar, 40% cranberries, sunflower oil); almonds (nuts); water; leaf parsley; chives; mustard (water, mustard seed, alcohol vinegar, sea salt, spice); fresh lemon juice; sea salt; fresh garlic; sugar; balsamic vinegar (wine vinegar, concentrated grape must, cooked grape must, coloring agent: sulphite ammonia caramel); black pepper.