"If it's lasagna, I'm gonna scream." That's what one customer said when we announced we were launching a brand new comfort food oven-dish. Well... go ahead and start preparing your vocal chords, because yesss: we're SUPER proud to introduce our brand new, ridiculously delicious, delightfully vegan... LASAGNA! 🤩
Now in an (even) bigger portion size!
Luscious layers of pasta, flavour-bomb tomato sauce with red lentils and allll the seasoning (following the recipe for our best-selling Bolognese, of course), rich and silky béchamel sauce, fresh spinach and mushrooms, and - to top things off - a sprinkling of Violife vegan mozzarella. That's what dreams are made of, if you ask us.
- One package contains approx. 1180g of frozen vegan lasagna with pasta, vegan bolognese sauce based on lentils, creamy béchamel sauce, mushrooms, spinach, and a topping of vegan 'mozzarella'. A full meal for two people.
- Plan ahead: takes approx. 85-95 minutes to heat from frozen in the oven, so do something fun while your food is in the oven! (Aperitiiivo?)
- Allergens: contains gluten, sulphites, celery, soy, rice, nutmeg, alcohol (evaporated).
Please note: may contain traces of all allergens.
- Packaging is compostable and is suitable for both the freezer and the oven, so no need to remove the packaging. Do remove the lid before placing in the oven however.
Instructions for preparation:
Oven cook from frozen. Not suitable for microwave.
Preheat oven. Remove lid. Place the dish (in its packaging) on a baking tray in the middle of the oven.
Oven settings: 180 °C for 85-95 mins.
Ensure piping hot (or: return to the oven for an additional 10 mins) and allow to stand for 5 mins in the tray before serving.
How to serve & pimp:
This is a full meal for two people: no need for a side dish. Just share with loved ones and/or friends!
If you would like to take your lasagna to the next level here's what you could do:
While you wait for your lasagna to cook:
- Why not enjoy aperitivo while munching on some simple bruschetta while you wait for your lasagna to cook?
- Other Italian-style aperitivo ideas: garlic bread / ciabatta / focaccia, , olives, marinated artichoke, (vegan) pesto with bread sticks... Or hey: our very own Mini-cranberry sausage rolls would be a terrific match, too 😝
Serving your lasagna:
- Sprinkle the lasagna with some fresh basil leaves / your finest olive oil / a few flakes of sea salt / (vegan) parmesan-style cheese just before serving
- Serve a simple salad (rucola or baby spinach works great!) on the side, dressed with some lemony olive oil and salt. Further salad-pimping ideas could be: garlicky croutons, olives, capers, (vegan) parmesan cheese, raw chicory (witloof), pickled onion, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, (toasted) pine nuts or walnuts…
- Add some garlic bread on the side
- Grill some aubergine, courgette, and any other Mediterranean vegetables and toss them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt.
- Roasted / blanched / steamed broccoli or green beans also work a treat.
How to store your Solid Stash:
Please make sure your Solid Stash goes straight into the freezer without delay after delivery/collection, and that it is stored at maximum -18° C at all times. Ensure it remains frozen and at a steady temperature during transport (which should be as short as possible), and utilise appropriate cooling kit for this. Once defrosted eat within 24 hours and do not refreeze. Consume within 6 months after preparation date.
Subject to change - please refer to product label for exact list.
Vegan bolognese sauce (53%): tomatoes (peeled tomatoes 60%, tomato juice 40%, citric acid), onion, carrot, red lentils, vegan wine (sulphites, alcohol (evaporated)), celery, olive oil, ketchup (tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, salt, spices & herb extracts (incl. celery), spices), miso (water, soybeans, rice, salt, alcohol, koji culture yeast), garlic, sugar, herbs de Provence, dried shiitake, oregano, harissa (red chili pepper , garlic, coriander, salt, caraway, E330). Vegan Béchamel sauce (24%): unsweetened soy milk (soy base (water, shelled soybeans (8.7%)), acidity regulators (potassium phosphates), calcium (calcium carbonate), flavourings, sea salt, stabilizer (gellan gum), vitamins (B2, B12 , D2)), water, flour (gluten), rapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar (sulphite E224), salt, concentrated broth (carrot, onion, leek, salt, yeast extract, sugar, mushroom, xanthan gum, locust bean gum, aromas, bay leaf), organic nutritional yeast flakes, nutmeg, black pepper. Lasagna sheets (10% as dry weight): durum wheat semolina (gluten). Vegetables (11%): mushroom, fresh spinach, fresh garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper. Vegan mozzarella (2%): water, coconut oil (24%), modified starch, starch, sea salt, mozzarella flavor, olive oil extract, colour: B-carotene, vitamin B12.