Frequently Asked Questions
How does delivery work?
Solid Stash works with couriers who will deliver your order using actively cooled freezer vans.
At checkout you can choose a delivery date. It is important that someone is home on that day as the order will need to be put in the freezer upon delivery.
Read all about delivery here!
How does pickup work?
We have pickup points in Brussels, Lokeren and Ghent. Read all about pickup here!
Will my order fit in my freezer?
All our packaging is made of paper or biodegradable material & stacks easily in your freezer. Our meals (e.g. tajine, bolognaise, dhal) are packaged per one-person portion in a biodegradable box of around 12 x 10.5 x 6.5 cm.
Have space for about 4 frozen pizzas? Then you have space for a Solid Starter pack!
Are all your meals frozen?
Yes, all our products are delivered to you frozen.
What about allergens?
Please click here for a handy overview of allergens per dish.
Shop from our list of gluten free meals.
Shop from our list of nut free meals.
Shop from our list of soy free meals.
Shop from our list of alcohol free meals.
All packaging has labels with info about allergens, ingredients, production and use-by dates, weight, batch identifier & storage info.
Please note that all our dishes are produced in a kitchen that also processes grains, peanuts, eggs, diary, nuts, soy, mustard, celery, sesame seeds, sulphites, lupine, shellfish and fish. They may contain traces of nuts, gluten and any other allergen.
Can I choose the meals in my Combo?
For the combos (Starter Pack, Week for Two & Kraamkost Gift Pack), the meals are carefully selected from Solid Stash's latest seasonal menu and are subject to change. However, if you have a craving for a specific meal then feel free to add a note to your order and we'll do our best to include it! And the same goes if you definitely do not want a dish in your order, just let us know and we'll do our best.
What allergens are there in the Combo Packages?
The dishes included in the Combo Packages change from time to time, depending on available stock and the season.
If you have an intolerance or an allergy, and you would like to order one of our Combos, definitely make sure to clearly mention this in the "special request or gift message" section when placing your order!
That way the team can do their very best to put together a comparable package that is safe for you to eat :)
- We absolutely promise to do our very best to accommodate your request as best as possible, however depending on your intolerance/allergy it may be tricky or impossible to find a like-for-like replacement. Where possible/appropriate we will try to contact you to discuss if that is the case.
- It is very important to mention that traces of all allergens can occur in all our dishes.
How long will my Stash last?
Your Stash arrives frozen, so you can keep it in your freezer until you need it.
Your Stash’s expiry date is indicated on its label. Typically this is six months after production date.
Always keep your Stash frozen at a stable temperature below -18° C before usage.
Do not refreeze once thawed. After defrosting, store in the refrigerator and consume within 24 hours.
How do I dispose of the packaging?
All our packaging is either made from paper or other biodegradable materials. This means that they are 100% plastic free and that most of our packaging can go into paper recycling. Here are the details:
* Our brown cardboard meal box for single portion meals is made from 100% renewable raw materials should go into paper recycling (however please wash off any food remains first)
* Our paper bags (for cookies, burgers, muffins and rolls) should also go into paper recycling.
* Our Lasagna and Pub Pie come in white biolaminated sugar cane boxes. These should go in general waste.
Do I need to add anything to have a full meal?
- For most of our dishes, the answer to this question is yes: while your Solid Stash is defrosting, you just prepare your own side dish (like rice, pasta...) et voila, you have a complete meal in 10-15 minutes!
Dishes that require a side dish are: bolognese, vol-au-vegan, dhal, curry, burgers, chilli sin carne, shakshuka, tajine...
- A few of our dishes however are complete meals! You do not need to add a side dish to them: just prepare your meal according to package instructions and dinner is served.
Dishes that are a complete meal are: lasagna, pub pie, quinotto, grain bowl...
Can I get a VAT invoice?
Of course, just send us your company details (name, VAT number and address) to firstname.lastname@example.org after you placed your order and we'll send you your invoice asap.