They're DELICIOUS. They're moist. They've got crunch. They're full of wholesome ingredients. They defrost in about a minute in the microwave. They're magic!
Our new carrot-coconut muffins are not too sweet, and are perfect as a quick morning snack on the go, in a lunch box, or as a sweet touch for your weekend brunch with some jam or peanut butter.
So what's in them exactly? Oh they're packed with goodness: carrots, walnuts, coconut, apple, flax seeds, ginger, cinnamon... and a little bit of brown sugar and plant based butter for good measure. Heaven.
- One package contains four frozen, pre-baked carrot-coconut muffins
- Allergens: contains gluten & nuts. May contain traces of all allergens.
- Ready to eat in as little as one minute (see instructions below)
Instructions for preparation:
Simply place one frozen muffin on a little plate, and heat in microwave for 60 seconds (medium setting).
Alternatively: defrost in a pre-heated oven at 160 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or: leave to defrost in the fridge for a couple of hours/overnight.
Enjoy while warm or at room temperature.
How to serve & pimp:
- Heat & eat ‘em whenever you fancy a muffin. Or two. Or four.
- In a rush? Grab a muffin, grab a takeaway coffee cup, and go-go-go!
- Perfect as a quick healthy-ish snack on a busy day.
- Pimp lunch boxes & picnic baskets with “your” home baked muffins.
- Planning brunch / a nice breakfast? Serve your muffins as a part of your brunch-table, accompanied with jam, peanut butter, and the likes.
- Turn them into an afternoon tea carrot cake treat, like our kitchen manager Anse: mix some (vegan) cream cheese with a bit of light brown sugar ('kinnekessuiker'!) slather it all over your muffin(s). Finish with a delicate grating of orange zest. Fancy!
How to store your Solid Stash:
Please make sure your Solid Stash goes straight into the freezer without delay after delivery/collection, and that it is stored at maximum -18° C at all times. Ensure it remains frozen and at a steady temperature during transport (which should be as short as possible), and utilise appropriate cooling kit for this. Once defrosted eat within 24 hours and do not refreeze. Consume within 6 months after preparation date.
Make sure you squeeze out as much air as possible & re-close the bag securely after taking out a muffin. Immediately put the bag with any remaining frozen muffins back into the freezer.
Subject to change - please refer to product label for exact list.
Wheat flour, carrot, coconut milk, plant based butter, light brown candy sugar (kandijsuiker), walnuts, shredded coconut, unsweetened applesauce, water, flax seeds, cane sugar, lemon juice, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda
*bonus* Background story:
The idea for our magic muffins came to me when the team and I were working crazy hours preparing for the Christmas period. We'd start work at 7am, and often could only stop for lunch around two o'clock, by which time we were STARVING.
I desperately wanted to offer the team a convenient, wholesome snack that would sort out any mid-morning munchies. Something more filling than a piece of fruit, but less sugary and oily than a croissant or cookie. There wasn't a decent vegan option available in the shops around our Solid Stash kitchen.
So I created an option myself, and developed these muffins instead: for the team :) I sincerely hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Lots of love,