Honestly, is there anything more comforting than an oven dish, bubbling hot and filling and creamy, with a crunchy golden layer on top? We don’t believe there is. So, we worked hard to add exactly that dish to our range. And here it is: our Proper Pub Pie! Just like your mama would make hachis parmentier. But vegan. And gluten free. And goood. And a very filling, full meal for two people! Proper!
Now in an (even) bigger portion size!
As simple as it is delicious, layered with meaty lentils, creamy savoy cabbage, carrots and onion, a subtle hit of mustard, and topped with a sunny yellow mash and golden (gluten free!) crumb, our pub pie is a dish that takes us straight back to the UK’s cosy gastropubs. Truly a cosy meal worth gathering around a table for.
- Vegan & gluten free
- One package contains approx. 1260g of traditional-style vegan oven casserole with lentils, savoy cabbage, carrots, soy cream, sweet potato mash, and crispy topping. A full meal for two people.
- Plan ahead: depending on your oven it takes approx. 70-100 minutes to heat from frozen in the oven, so do something fun while your food is heating up!
- Allergens: contains soy, sulphites, mustard, nutmeg & alcohol (as a by-product in the mustard & balsamic vinegar).
Please note: may contain traces of all allergens.
- Packaging is compostable and is suitable for both the freezer and the oven, so no need to remove the packaging. Do remove the lid before placing in the oven however.
Instructions for preparation:
Oven cook from frozen. Not suitable for microwave.
Preheat oven. Remove lid. Place the dish (in its packaging) on a baking tray in the middle of the oven.
Oven settings: 180°C (fan) for 70-100 mins.
Every oven is different, so ensure the dish is piping hot throughout (or: return to the oven for an additional 10 mins), and allow to stand for 5 mins in the tray before serving.
How to serve & pimp:
This is a full meal for two people: no need for a side dish. Just share with loved ones and/or friends!
If you would like to take your pub pie to the next level here's what you could do:
- Serve a simple green salad on the side, dressed with some lemony olive oil and salt.
- Mustard is a great match.
- Increase your vegetable intake even more by serving with green beans, roasted Brussels sprouts, or even a beetroot and rocket salad!
How to store your Solid Stash:
Please make sure your Solid Stash goes straight into the freezer without delay after delivery/collection, and that it is stored at maximum -18° C at all times. Ensure it remains frozen and at a steady temperature during transport (which should be as short as possible), and utilise appropriate cooling kit for this. Once defrosted eat within 24 hours and do not refreeze. Consume within 6 months after preparation date.
Subject to change - please refer to product label for exact list.
Potatoes (21%), black and green lentils (16%), unsweetened soy milk (soya base (Water, Hulled soya beans (8.7%)), Acidity regulators (Potassium phosphates), Calcium (Calcium carbonate), Flavourings, Sea salt, Stabiliser (Gellan gum), Vitamins (B2, B12, D2)), sweet potato (14%), savoy cabbage (9%), carrots (7%), soy cream (sunflower oil, soy beans, xanthan gum, guar gum, carrageenan, sea salt, aroma), rapeseed oil, onion, bio cornflakes (organic corn), aceto balsamico de Modena (wine vinegar (alcohol), boiled grape must, concentrated grape must, coloring: caramel E150d), Maille French mustard (water, mustard seeds, alcohol vinegar, salt, citric acid, preservative: E224 (sulphites)), salt, nutmeg, black pepper, thyme, turmeric, smoked paprika
*Bonus* What's up with the name of this dish, guys?
Jamie Oliver practically taught Lily how to cook back in the late 90’s-early 00’s, and Lily and Monne lived in London between 2011-2019. So this dish is a bit of an homage to the UK’s cosy pub meals and the big chef who grew up in a pub: Jamie Oliver.
So that’s exactly how you need to say it – like you imagine Jamie Oliver would: “Propah pub pie, mate.” We hope you enjoy this comfort food trip to the UK as much as we do!