- Generously serves 1 person (450g)
- Vegan & gluten-free, nut-free, alcohol-free
- For a complete meal, serve with your own side dish, like rice, corn/flour tortilla wraps, corn/flour tacos, nacho chips, baked potato / sweet potato (oven or microwave method), sweet potato fries, quinoa or other grains.
- The options to create a Mexican feast with your chilli sin carne are endless, so have fun experimenting! Make sure you check out the pimping tips below too if you want to take things to the next level.
- Allergens: soy, sulphites
Please note: may contain traces of all allergens
- Sriracha chilli sauce / extra spiciness: we’ve purposely kept spiciness-levels a bit lower for this recipe to make sure we don’t set anyone’s mouth on fire. But for those who like it hot: go ahead and add your own!
- Lime wedges
- Sliced avocado / guacamole
- Tomato salsa (pico de gallo)
- Bell pepper, sweet corn & avocado salsa with lime juice & olive oil
- Green apple or pineapple salsa: finely dice the fruit, add finely diced red onion, olive oil, a bit of lime juice / cider vinegar / red wine vinegar & salt
- For a gorgeous shock of pink, try topping with finely sliced / julienned radishes or quick pickled red onions
- Sliced spring onion
- Sweet corn (on the cob or canned)
- Mexican slaw
- Greek yogurt / sour cream
- Cheese: crumbled feta / grated cheddar / Manchego / Pecorino / …
B. Chilli hacks for a more substantial meal:
- Mexican red rice
- Burritos / Breakfast burrito
- Cornbread topping
- On toast with a poached / fried / scrambled egg on top
- Chilli soup: thin out your chilli with vegetable stock, add a bit extra seasoning (to taste) & serve as a meal-soup. Top with nachos / baked tortilla strips (tear tortillas into strips, drizzle with oil & salt, bake in oven at 180 degrees for 5-10 min, until crisp)
- Healthy-ish Mexican vegetable "pizzas":
- Sweet potato-version: scrub big sweet potato; cut length-wise into 1cm disks; rub with oil & season with salt & pepper; put on baking paper in pre-heated oven at 200 degrees & bake for 15 min; top with chilli, cheese & any other toppings and bake for another 10 min.
- Portobello mushroom-version: carefully remove mushroom stem; rub with oil & season with salt & pepper; put on baking paper in pre-heated oven at 190 degrees & bake for 10 min; top with chilli, cheese & any other toppings and bake for another 5-10 min.
How to store your Solid Stash:
Please make sure your Solid Stash goes straight into the freezer without delay after delivery/collection, and that it is stored at maximum -18° C at all times. If you are transporting your Stash, please ensure it remains frozen and at a steady temperature during transport (which should be as short as possible), and utilise appropriate cooling kit for this. Once removed from the freezer, eat within 24 hours and do not refreeze. Consume within 6 months after preparation date.
Subject to change - please refer to product label for exact list.