Flavour, top-quality ingredients, simplicity, and versatility. That just about summarises our Epic Israeli Shakshuka.
Traditionally shakshuka - an *addictive* tomato & roasted pepper compote with a hint of smoke - is a breakfast dish served with eggs, but there's SO much you can do with this absolute flavour bomb.
Two tips with this one:
1. Definitely make sure to check the pimping suggestions to learn about the many ways you can serve this dish!
2. Want to know the background story behind this dish? Then scroll on down :)
- Vegan & gluten-free
- Generously serves one person (400g)
- Super-versatile: serve as a part of brunch, lunch, mezze, dinner... See pimping tips below for further inspiration / instructions!
- Allergens: sulphites
Please note: may contain traces of all allergens.
Try serving your shakshuka with one of the following carbs:
- Crusty bread for breakfast
- Fluffy warm pitta for lunch
- Bulgur, rice, orzo or fried potatoes for dinner
Some inspiration for toppings:
Breakfast / brunch ideas:
- The traditional (non-vegan) addition: a couple of poached or fried eggs
- Vegan egg alternative: tofu scramble! For example this recipe.
- Avocado slices
- Crumble some (vegan) feta on top
- Simple tahini sauce, like this recipe
- Serve with (vegan) fried halloumi
- Add some extra green veg: wilted baby spinach or chopped kale
Lunch / mezze / dinner ideas:
- Stir 1/2 can of (rinsed) chickpeas or giant white beans through for a more filling meal and extra protein
- Stuff in a pitta with some halved falafel, fresh herbs and tahini dressing (like this recipe)... and whatever more you have lying around in the fridge
- Pair with roasted cauliflower (like this recipe) and/or roasted aubergine and serve with rice / bulgur / orzo
- Serve at room temperature alongside a couple of other mezze dishes. For example: olives, hummus, babba ghanoush, falafel...
- Reinvent meatballs in tomato sauce: serve your shakshuka alongside plantbased meatballs and mashed potatoes
How to store your Solid Stash:
Please make sure your Solid Stash goes straight into the freezer without delay after delivery/collection, and that it is stored at maximum -18° C at all times. If you are transporting your Stash, please ensure it remains frozen and at a steady temperature during transport (which should be as short as possible), and utilise appropriate cooling kit for this. Once defrosted eat within 24 hours and do not refreeze. Consume within 6 months after preparation date.
Subject to change - please refer to product label for exact list.
Tomatoes (52%: peeled tomatoes, tomato juice, citric acid), red peppers (38%: grilled red peppers skins removed, water, sugar, vinegar, sunflower oil, salt), extra virgin olive oil, sugar, garlic, aceto balsamico de Modena (wine vinegar, boiled grape must, concentrated grape must, colouring: caramel E150d), smoked paprika powder, Maldon seasalt.